How to Install Presets & Brushes within Lightroom CC (released Oct. 2017)
These are instructions on how to install presets and brushes within Lightroom CC (released Oct. 2017)
Here are instructions for installing Lightroom presets in Lightroom versions 5, 6, and Classic CC 7.0-7.2
Here are instructions for how to installl Lightroom presets in Lightroom Classic CC versions 7.3 (April 2018) or later
Here are instructions for how to use presets in Lightroom mobile
Presets (a.k.a. "general presets" or "workflow presets") make global changes to an image. They cannot be stacked and should be applied alone or before using a tool or layer preset. If a preset doesn't look quite right on an image, check the exposure slider first.
Tool presets also make global changes to an image. They can be stacked and should be applied alone or after using a general preset. Tool presets change one preset setting, but keep all other previous changes constant.
Layer presets make global changes to an image. They create a solid mask or layer over an image. They can be stacked and should be applied alone or after using a general preset. Layer presets don't change any preset settings.
Brushes make local changes to an images. Presets designed as exclusive brushes can be used in Lightroom Classic, but not Lightroom CC.
- Open Lightroom CC.
- Click on the editing icon.
- Click on the Presets button
- Click on the row of three dots to open a drop-down menu. Within the drop-down menu, click on Import Presets to open the location where you will install your presets.
- Once the location is open, navigate to the preset collection you would like to import, highlight all of the presets within that collection, and select import.
- Shut down Lightroom and then restart it.
- Access your presets by clicking on the Presets button and then selected your preset from the drop-down.
Shop our latest collections of Lightroom Presets.